The people we look for have:
- Excellent research and interviewing skills.
- The ability to become an “instant expert” in new subjects.
(Well, maybe not “instant”, but really quickly!)
- A knack for simplifying complex topics once you’re up to speed.
- Many “voices” — you can write for different audiences,
tailoring your vocabulary and style to the needs of the audience and the format.
- Excellent grammar and spelling, but can leave the formal voice and tone behind.
- The flexibility to work creatively yet cooperatively.
- A thirst to learn new things.
- Basic keyword research skills
(this is a nice-to-have but isn’t essential).
What You’ll Be Doing
There’s a variety of work our clients need help with:
- Blogs that attract, inform, and entertain
- Website content
- Social media posts
- Catchy copy for ads
- Ad campaign landing pages
We’d love to talk to you if you have the following:
- Post-secondary education in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, or related workforce experience.
- A portfolio of published pieces that you’d be proud to show us.
- Are prepared to do a quick writing test (this is not spec work).
- The ability to write in French is an asset but not required.